Parent Teacher Association - Welcome
As parents at Wilmslow High School we are all members of the Parent Teachers' Association.
Wilmslow High School PTA - what's involved?
- We work alongside parents, teachers and students to raise money for those all-important extras for our children;
- We raise funds for items not within the school budget, for example, stage-lighting, sports equipment, books, dictionaries and even funds for building work when we became a 'Sports-specialist School';
- We promote communication between parents, teachers and students and endeavour to uphold a positive image of Wilmslow High School within the local community;
- We accept all ideas or offers of time, no matter how small - they are all gratefully received.
Every penny raised benefits all of our children.
Forthcoming fund raising events include:
- We are holding a 'Party Night' at Wilmslow Rugby Club on 14th May 2011, there will be music and a hot supper, tickets available from the end of January onwards.
- In July 2011 we will be holding a tombola stall at the Wilmslow Show -Tombola prizes will be very welcome - more news nearer the time.
This involves a standing order of just £24 per annum with 6 prizes of £50 each year, one drawn every half term.If just half of the families at Wilmslow High School took part in the LOTTO!, we would raise £24,000 per year!
That really would make a difference, but with minimum time and effort from us as parents!
|Jan 2010||A Vaughan||£50|
|Mar 2010||C A Fletcher||£50|
|May 2010||Prize anonymously donated back to school|
|July 2010||M Ashcroft||£50|
|Sept 2010||J Rawlings||£50|
|Nov 2010||K Meachin||£50|
|Jan 2011||C Page||£50|
If you want to get involved with a chance of winning, download the direct debit form now and send into school with your child and ask them to post it in the PTA post box in reception.Download the Lotto Direct Debit form (Updated January 2011)
Want to make a donation to the PTA? Then why not GIFT AID IT!
There is always the option of making a donation directly to the PTA (this can be done by parents, grandparents or friends). We can now take advantage of 'GIFT AID', whereby if you are a tax payer, for every £1.00 you donate to the school a further 28p will be reimbursed from the Treasury, so we can make even more money for the school and our children!
A great party night!
The PTA organized a fundraising party night at Wilmslow Rugby Club on Saturday 14th May.
It was a huge success, thanks to the superb organisational skills of Gill Currie. Also thanks go to Barclays Bank for their matched funding of all the money raised during the evening, to Joy Daglish and to all the parents who attended and gave so generously.
This event will now be a firm favourite in the school calendar - we are looking forward to next year already!
PTA Meeting Dates for 2011/2012
Meetings will be held in school on the ground floor meeting room starting at 7pm. We aim to finish at 8.30pm.
- Future meeting dates to be added at the start of the new term in September.
Kindest Regards,Angela Chatfield (Jt Chair)
Jan Mecrow (Jt Chair)
Mandy Lane (Jt Secretary)
Jayne Roper (Treasurer)
On this page you can download PTA media in PDF format.